Please Leave At Home
- Large sums of cash
- Expensive jewelry (Other than normal everyday jewelry such as a wedding ring.)
- Controlled Substances (even if prescribed) cannot be stored at the facility and will be destroyed upon admission.
- Electronics – Cellphones, Laptops, iPad and other electronics are prohibited during residential inpatient and partial hospitalization (PHP) levels of care. Clients who bring these items will have them securely stored by staff. When clients enter Extended Care or graduate primary care, all electronic items will be returned. These items often present a distraction for clients during their treatment. Clients will have regular access to The Plymouth House phones at designated phone times.
- Mp3 Players or iPods with wifi – If your music playing device does not connect to wifi, it is OK to bring
- Weapons, knives or firearms
- E-cigarettes / Vapes
- Pornographic or obscene materials
- Toiletries and beauty products that contain alcohol (mouthwash, perfume, etc.)
- Clothing with profanity or references to drugs, alcohol or violence
- Food or drinks of any kind
- Candles, incense, or anything else that is fragranced
- Revealing or inappropriate clothing
- Unapproved over-the-counter medications
- Sporting equipment
If you accidentally pack something that we do not allow, we will return it to you before you are discharged. We understand that the packing process is not always straightforward, and you might accidentally bring something along that is inappropriate for the environment. You won’t get in trouble – we’ll simply hold onto the item for the duration of your stay.
Finally, and Most Importantly
Remember to bring an attitude of willingness! What you get out of your treatment experience is directly proportional to what you put into it. Bring a positive mindset, open-mindedness and honesty. Come prepared to learn — not just about addiction and recovery, but about yourself. We look forward to meeting you and answering any additional questions you might have.
Did we miss something? Please feel free to reach out to one of our team of Treatment Advisors who can help answer any additional questions you might have. We are available 24 hours a day, so contact us any time.